Monday, March 7, 2011

Virgin trip to Manila.

If you read my previous entry, I'm gonna share with you a little bit about my experience in Manila. I traveled to Manila in late September, 2009. As you know it is not a leisure trip so at my own will I'll only share relevant details and exclude those which are, in my opinion, confidential so as to protect and maintain professionalism in my line of work. I draw a really thick and strong line between blogging and my occupation. This blog serves as an absolute depiction of my capability to literate thoughts running through my head. That's all. I painted Manila in black and white because that's all I see in Manila. Black or white.
I can't tell you exactly where all these pictures are taken because most of them were randomly snapped on my bus rides from one place to another. Singaporeans will think Filipinos as maids, nurses and nothing else but I think the Filipinos have come a long way than just that. There's a lotta mixed-blood Filipinos out there that are really successful and attractive. Two examples I can think of, Charice Pempengco and Vanessa Hudgens. In addition to that, the Filipinos love to sing and majority of them can sing really well. Anyways, when I was there, I visited historical places, places of attractions, hospitals (of course) because it was a study trip and Mall of Asia. The food there were not much because they eat dog meat. It got me petrified. But all in all, my place of accommodation was good. What I was lacking of throughout was companionship. This is my first travel trip gone wrong.
This is one ride you won't see in Singapore. They call it 'Jeepney', if I'm not wrong. (above) I didn't get to ride it but it was all over Manila and I was so tempted! I kinda like the ol' skool feel of it. I bet its one of those rides you'll enjoy traveling in with good company!
I was in Manila for 4 days, I think? It was terrifying at the end because during my travel, there was a huge typhoon going on in other parts of Philippines. So we didn't get to go shopping on that day. But, I was so glad to be back. I had no friends during my travel.. I made friends. Shopped alone and slept with 3 mutual girls. It was only after this Manila trip, I became really close with Norizan and Atiqah. We've been friends for a year now. Hopefully, we'll stay in touch after graduation!
As of now, I have to get an official approval from my parents so that I can travel with partner. My first experience to a country I'm not dying to visit was kinda alright. Nevertheless, I'm still thankful for the experience. It was indeed an eye opener. On a positive note, I got to travel cheap!

I can't wait to blog about my travelling experience with my partner!

No comments:

Post a Comment