Friday, March 11, 2011

Fennel's the way to go when you have periods. Or not.

I've been using KOTEX since I started to know that girls bleed downwards every month. I started this bleeding habit when I was 10 years old. Naturally, girls will confide in their moms when this 'problem' starts. So, my mom handed me KOTEX and I've been using it ever since. Back then, I never compared KOTEX with other brands. Truth be told, I never knew there were other brands. I didn't know that another word for KOTEX is a sanitary pad because its like a norm in my family, relatives and also my friends! When we say KOTEX, we know you're having that time of the month. So it becomes weird when Laurier, Sofy, Carefree, etc ... became known to me. Have I tried any of them? Sorta. But, I still prefer KOTEX. I have friends telling me that KOTEX is itchy and uncomfortable but I think the most uncomfortable sanitary pad ever made (should sue the inventor) are those with tiny holes, pretty decor and plastic surfaces! I itch non-stop and have visible redness wearing them.

Don't ask me, "Why, of all blog entry inspirations you have, you blog about sanitary pads?" I just wanna share with you all this amazing sanitary pad called Fennel. This sanitary pad might just be worth switching to after my coming to 13 years of relationship with KOTEX.. -_- Anyway, Fennel is a local company (I'm impressed!) who created this godsend comfort. 
"It has a unique botanical formula that works naturally via your body warmth. It helps to control harmful bacterial growth, neutralize unpleasant odor,  prevent irritable itch and soothe menstrual discomfort. Other benefits includes a cool and refreshing surface that gets rid of uncomfortable stuffiness, ultra soft cotton layer which prevents friction on delicate skin, unique transpiring design which eliminates moisture fast, keeping you fresh. Worry free anti leakage guard, prevents embarrassing side leakages and special absorbance polymer (more effective than conventional cotton napkin) wich keeps surface dry. Last but not least. a hassle "Tug and adhere" packaging that prevents moisture and maintains quality"
Photo Credit: LifeSpot

I found out about this during the Cozycot's 9th Birthday Bash last year and I've been using it ever since. I do go back to KOTEX when I forgot to replenish my stocks and I'm damn lazy to travel to the major supermarkets. I do hope they're available island-wide and create a bigger packaging! What attracts me to Fennel is the cool feeling when you wear it and a familiar scent (from all types of pads, even their panty-liners) that comes from the picture I attached below:

Photo Credit: Three Little Monster

 Fennel also prevents itch and eliminates odor. These are my top priority requirements I want to prevent when I'm having my period. Thankfully for these, my time of the month swiftly come and go. I have lesser mood-swings too, although I don't obviously have any. Yes, these can also contribute to your, whachamacallit - premenstrual syndrome.

Head on down to any major supermarkets or check their selling locations, here and try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment