Thursday, March 17, 2011

World Invasion: Battle Los Angeles

Photo Credit: Movie Ever
I was not feeling too good (had a sore throat and a mild migraine) but decided to accompany my cousin to Johor Bahru. (JB) It was supposed to be just the two of us riding a bus there and back to Singapore. But another cousin of mine, together with my aunt and uncle when over by car, so they asked if we wanted a lift. I always believe driving is so much better than bus riding because I get to have my personal space. So, traffic was smooth there and back. I didn't travel anywhere for a year and when I'm traveling (for now) I go to boring JB. JB is like Singapore to me, in so many ways. Perhaps, cleanliness wise, Singapore win hands down.

We did shop for cheap thrills like food. I get to watch a movie there for the first time. I went to City Square Mall and Kota Raya Mall. Kota Raya Mall is like ghost town but they sell a lotta traditional clothes for the festive seasons! They also have nice decorations and bridal collections for muslim weddings. Quite interesting. But, I prefer City Square Mall because they've got variety of food and places to shop for clothes. Prices are slightly cheaper than Singapore too.

City Square Mall movie theater was opened by Cathay. My relatives (including my aunt and uncle) watch World Invasion and I have to say that I felt like I was in the the movie. The movie was about loyalty, army, commitment and brotherhood. Well, there was one female soldier, though. Oh, did you know that NEYO acted in this movie? He's not bad. The movie was hilarious at some parts but more serious, as you can tell.. This two hour movie definitely has a plot and although the enemies they're fighting with we're kinda cliche, (because I do not believe in Aliens) the action and people perished plus the impact of the story was entertaining and touching all at the same time. Go watch! Although it was a weekday, the movie theater was loaded with people and the ticket was as cheap as SGD $5!

I give this movie 3.5 out of 5 popcorns.

No comments:

Post a Comment