Saturday, March 19, 2011

Rango

Photo Credit: NovelAsyma

Its been 5 days of me having a bad sore throat .. A heavy head that accompanies with an excruciating headache and fever. But, I still met my partner awhile ago (because I miss him so much!) and we went to catch a movie I wanted to see. (above) My partner was not feeling well too. If you read my previous entry of his bad fall, his wound is still in a slightly bad shape but its healing.. As for me, my sickness (as mentioned before) come and go, its crazy! We went to Unity and got items for his dressing and my self-medication. I felt its kinda romantic that we're falling sick together but we're both feeling very horrible. We hope by late April, we'll be in our pink of health!

I painfully forced myself to eat Cabonara from PastaMania. It was the first time we're lacking of appetite.  We sat outside of the restaurant because I couldn't stand the cold due to my unstable body temperature. While we're eating, it suddenly started to rain and it gives us a sense of calmness. Another romantic moment, although it was not at such a posh place. Sometimes, simple is good.

Rango was surprisingly draggy and predictable. I was slightly upset because people told me that the movie would be hilarious and movie reviews gave Rango, 4 stars! There were a little bit of humor, here and there. Rango is a house chameleon with no friends and his owner had a terrible accident and that got him stranded in a dessert. As a chameleon who's stucked in a glass tank since born, he struggles to find his identity asking himself, "Who am I?" repeatedly. So he met other stranded creatures and created a heroic story so as to gain respect from them. Since, no one knows who he really is. After that, it got kinda predictable. He became the watchmen of the place and the leader of the town eventually become the bad guy. They were all fighting for their lives against draught. He eventually became the hero of the town and manage to bring water for everyone. But it took nearly two hours for the movie to bring us to that ending. My partner and I were getting so restless..

Regardless, I love the animation. It was so close to the real thing. I also like how they added musical owls to tell the story. It creates more live to the movie when they sing. 

Hence, I will award this movie 3 out of 5 popcorns.

No comments:

Post a Comment