Friday, March 18, 2011

Drop it like its hot.

The past few days, I was feeling awful because of my sore throat and excruciating headache but I refuse to stay home. Stubborn, I know. This time I went to the garden situated in front of Chinese Garden MRT with my beloved sister and cousin. It was our first time there and we were looking forward to see what's inside. The blistering heat did not stop us from walking and I force myself to be well throughout the whole walk. I wore slippers together with my sister, my cousin wore shoes, thinking it will just be one of those walks you'll have around the park. Our shoes (my sister and I) were totally worn out!

We started out walking around Japanese Garden.

After that, we decided to check out Chinese Garden, which was not as interesting as Japanese Garden. We went to an adventure playground. There's also a skateboard park! I thought this week, primary, secondary and Pre-Uni students are having holidays so I'm wondering why the place was so empty.. But, I guess it is also a weekday. I do see a few group of kids with their mommies (definitely, housewives) cycling around the park, foreigners and foreign workers. There were girls running around too. I would have done that, if only I had/wore proper shoes. Anyway, my cousin and sister climbed up all the way to the top and down this big net. Its been awhile since they did climbing. They sure had fun!

I didn't miss out on the fun too. I was swinging from left to right. It was nice to act like a kid sometimes!

After all the laughing, we continued to walk around Chinese Garden.

We saw this Pagoda (below) before walking to Japanese Garden. We wanted to climb up all the way to the top and we thought we'll leave as a final obstacle before rewarding ourselves with delicious food.

By this time, the heat was extremely hot and we were sweating!
When we went into the Pagoda and saw the swirling step to the highest floor.
We nearly died! But, we encourage each other to climb up all the way to the top.
A this point of time, we were already exhausted.

When we finally reached the top. We were rewarded by such a beautiful sight. It left me dumbfounded in a good way of course. I was not feeling too good at this point of time but the scenery was amazing..
We came down and took a rest at the shady area, on the ground-floor of the Pagoda monument and while we were resting, we're astonished by the obvious instant tanned skin on our exposed areas! I took pictures of it but I'm not too sure if you can see it, properly.. It goes to show how evil the heat was from the sun in the early afternoon. I suggest the best time you wanna walk around the garden will be after 1500hrs, although there's still sun, it is not as bad as noontime. I ran out of sunblock too and my face was flushed and dark. It was crazy fun albeit slightly unprepared for what's to come. The garden closes at 2300hrs daily with some parts closing at 1900hrs. Its an ideal place for a picnic, wedding and gathering too! There's a live turtle and tortoise museum too, if you're interested. You can hold the turtle/tortoise, feed them and snap pictures with them. Its SGD$ 5/entry. We didn't pay the turtle/tortoise a visit, so we're definitely planning to come back here again with the rest of our big family!

Can you see the difference between the right and left side, it gradually becomes darker!

My sister's feet had the Birkenstock strap (covered surface) lighter as compared to the rest of her feet.

After all the walking, we had lunch. Upon reaching home, we fell asleep till evening. It was very tiring! I got sicker when I got home. I had migraine and a horrible throat for the past few days which includes my JB trip with my relatives and, awhile ago I had an unexpected high fever. My migraine and sore throat worsen and I popped two tablets of paracetamol and cried while I took a torturous cold shower and continues to take short naps. Right now, throat's slightly numb. Migraine and fever seem to have disappeared. I do not want to pospone my attachment so I have to get well by Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment