Thursday, June 2, 2011

X-Men: First Class

Photo Credit: Film Book

My fiance knew that I wanted to watch this and he bought tickets to the show for my brother and me! It was so last minute and my intentions to do late night revision, totally backfired. I just got back from the movie and I'm in such a sleepy mode right now.. But, I thought since I have some left over alertness before I totally knockout, I should write an entry about it.

Title of the movie, is self explanatory. Professor X (Charles) and Magneto (Erik) who were best friends way before they became sworn enemies. Honestly, I wanted them to be real good partners but if they're partners, there wouldn't be any story at all.. A slight introduction should be included about the other characters via narration or something. I find the first part, draggy but it got interesting towards the end. The relation with World War II and X-Men doesn't really sync well but I believe a better relation could've been done for the movie. 

Does my review sound like I do not enjoy the movie? Partly ... Throughout the movie I was trying to anticipate, impressive powers but when they young mutants were "showing off" their powers to one another, in my mind I was like, "That was it?!" LOL Anyway, I was surprised that Mystic was with Professor X before ... Something new.

I was expecting more action, sadly, it was more of story-telling.. Nevertheless, I give props to the effects of the movie. There was humor in the movie especially when Wolverine came into scene..

Overall, I give this movie 3 out of 5 popcorns.
I love X-Men but out of all the X-Mens, I've watched, I think this is pretty laid-back..

OMG. I'm so sleepy.. Lesson starts at 0800hrs, later..
Goodnight!

Updated on 4 June 2011: I'm so sorry for my horrible ENGLISH. I was that sleepy! Haha..

No comments:

Post a Comment