Thursday, June 2, 2011

Invitation Post: POPEYES Orchard Xchange Exclusive Preview Party!

RynaQue posted a Twitter invite and I was craving for some Popeyes.. I'm so glad she slot me in for this delicious event, thank you so much! I met another blogger, Tarandip when I was there and the owner of "BeauteRunway" site halfway while we're eating. Its been a long time since I had meet-ups and chit-chats and having it in Popeyes, yesterday, bring back great childhood memories..
Do you know where Popeyes was originated from?
"Founded in 1972 in New Orleans, Popeyes® is a leader in the New Orleans segment of the foodservice industry and is the world’s second largest quick-service chicken concept based on the number of units. As of December 26, 2010, Popeyes® had 1,977 restaurants in the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Cayman Islands and 26 foreign countries. For more information, visit the Popeyes® Louisiana Kitchen Web site at www.popeyes.com."
I remembered watching Popeye when I was a little girl.. BettyBoop and Little Lulu too.. They're my all-time favorite cartoons. I remembered watching them on Cartoon Network, when I was like 10 and I'll call out to 'bibik' to stir me up a cuppa MILO, everytime these shows are on! I have no idea why .. But at such a young age, I enjoyed the company of MILO to keep me energize.. Since, we're talking about Popeye, I've attached an episode of the show just for you to watch! 

As for the Betty Boop and Little Lulu show, search it on YouTube.
When Popeyes first opened in Changi Airport, it was a "must-go" for me, since they do not have it island-wide, back then. I prefer Popeyes because I'm attracted to two dishes, which in my opinion are their specialties.. I'll tell you more in a bit.. 

Popeyes is so accessible now, I can always have it whenever I feel like it. In a span of two years, Popeyes opened its 11th outlet in Orchard Xchange and it is located beside Swensen's restaurant in between ION mall, Jewelry Street and Orchard MRT Station. Rynaque asked me, "Where did you have your meal while you're shopping in ION?" I told her, "Swensen's in Orchard Xchange or Bali Thai, located at B4 in ION itself." She said that ION do not provide much varieties when it comes to food. Truth be told, I never thought of that! 

So now that Popeyes is open ... It will always be packed. I think Popeyes should increase the number of seats available because I'm very sure that, business will be so good for them being the only "chicken-selling" fast food restaurant, nearest to ION shopping mall!
In Popeyes own words...
"Enjoy the wonderful selection of delectable dishes from Popeyes® signature Louisiana Cajun style cooking and of course our much raved about Popeyes® Bonafide® Chicken. Popeyes® Bonafide® Chicken has won the hearts and cravings of many because it is prepared from chicken that is never frozen, marinated for at least 12 hours in our signature Louisiana seasonings before it is carefully prepared right before it is served."
I was served a melon pop drink, (I think that's what they call it) two chickens, (duh!) one spicy and the other in normal flavoring. Tasty fries! Bread biscuit with strawberry jam and Popeyes delish mash potato and coleslaw!
The two dishes that I'm very much attracted to are the bread biscuits with strawberry jam and their mash potato! The mash potato was filled with chicken crumbs and the finest ingredients to produce an amazing taste. My close friends know that I'm not a fan of strawberries (which includes the jam) but, O.M.G. Pairing with these crunchiness, strawberry jam never tasted so good... As for the chicken, I personally prefer the spicy fried flavoring as compared to the normal flavoring because I'm a 'chilliholic'!

 I'm sure many of you have tasted Popeyes and I'm pretty sure you will visit Popeyes in Orchard Xchange sometime soon. Just be prepared to take-away on the weekends, I got a strong feeling that it will be jam-packed with a lotta happy people!
Throughout the party, Joyce (beside me, on my right) educated us on Popeyes success in Singapore and how to savor every single bite, from the melon pop to chicken, the biscuits, coleslaw and mash potato! She was a fantastic host, indeed.. I'm definitely a fan of Popeyes since my first bite and I will definitely come back for more, especially for the mash potato and bread biscuits!

No comments:

Post a Comment