Saturday, April 23, 2011

The proposal and engagement.

This is what I was talking about while I was blogging throughout my entries and dropping hints on Twitter, counting down to this very day that I got engaged with my partner of 10 years. The ring above was a present from his mom. In my custom, the guy's family will come over, representing the groom-to-be to help him express his interest in me to my parents. When my parents and my representatives were officially agreeable to accept his 'proposal', his mother will slot a ring on my finger as a sign of 'reservation' before the official engagement.

Today, I received another ring.
My engagement ring.
Truth be told, I don't know how I'm able to make it this far. I can't find any words to explain the 5Ws and 1H. (Why, When, Why, Who, Where and How) But, all I can say is I truly love him and I'm sincerely happy when I'm with him. Do the rest matter? Nope:)

I can't wait to start a life together with you, darling!

PS: I'll be receiving my pictures at the end of May. I'll be blogging about my photographer and the outfit I wore during this special day, stay tuned! I'll be blogging about my favorite item(s) exchanged during the engagement. It was such a glorious event, I love every single minute of it and to start the ball rolling...

This custom-made ring from Soo Kee Jewelry (Brilliant Rose Collection) is the BEST item of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment