Saturday, March 5, 2011

Walking down memory lane and moving forward.

I've had the best few years of my life and it all started out when I was shortlisted as one of the 10 finalist for CLEO Cover Girl in 2007. It was my first ever attention-seeking participation. Well, at least that's what my partner label any form of modeling as but I didn't get through the voting print. Let's just put it this way, I was stupid. After that, I was actively participating online activities on a show, SupermodelMe. I was very honored to meet Charmaine Harn in person. She's au natural, I must say. Right now, SupermodelMe Season II is launching real soon and I wanna apart of the hype all over again! All this happened while I was working full-time. I never knew that I had so much free time. But, I was glad it happened although I disappoint myself at some point. I think I took breaks, here and there after SupermodelMe.

My next attention-seeking participation was being on of the top 5 finalist for CLEO's first ever blogging competition. I won the first prize! During my winning year, I was invited as one of the Judges for CLEO's yearly Beauty Hall of Fame. This year's CLEO Beauty Blogger Winner will experience a once in a lifetime truckloads of freebies worth over SGD$1K! My sisters and I were speechless when all the products ranging from body, nails, face, hair, fragrance, cosmetics, etc .. Came in all at one within 3 days. It was truly a girl's dream and at that point in time, I seriously thought heaven came down to earth. 

In conjunction, I got to know Jacelyn through Twitter where she brought me to a few workshops she had and from there, I met Belinda. She invited me to a Freshlook Illuminate lens launch which is my third attention-seeking participation. I'm selected as one of the 30 Effortless Beauty ambassadors for their new Illuminate lenses! I was also featured in their Effortless Beauties Celander 2011! I have perfect eyesight so I'll use all the lenses on special occasions or when I simply feel like wearing it. They're like big eye lens so it gives me the perk-me-up look I needed on mad sleepy days..

My fourth and ultimate attention-seeking participation was being apart of Wendy's Essentials hair product photo-shoot. I think my permed hair was atrociously horrible that I was one of the perfect candidate! You can check out my undeniably beautiful shots here! I'm still learning to do a perfect fishtail braids with this straight hair of mine, though. I know its not hair, I just need more practice.

I was attending all kinds of workshop like crazy throughout all those epic happenings! Brands from Esprit, CHANEL, Dior, Maquillage, Z.A, Shiseido, M.A.C, TopShop, Makeup Store, etc... Too many workshops, you can check out some of it here. I did document all these while I was blogging here and there but sadly for me, it didn't crossed my mind to backup archives of my entries. I mean, come on, how would I know bloggers might just be the next best journalist? On the contrary, most bloggers are not a qualified journalist. 

I'm grateful with whatever that comes along my way. I see all these as gifts from god. I have a literally hardcore full-time job so all these creates a balance in my life. Controls my stress levels, keeps me happy and motivates me to live a fruitful life, offline.

What's happening to Sharithstar now?

I'm still having a close-knitted relationship with CLEO. CLEO's like an elder sister to me. A magazine where I can seek for advice, 'receive presents' as in to participate in their competitions and win awesome prizes and get fantastic inspirations from.. I'm not playing. I do read other magazines but CLEO is a must  buy every month. I never knew why I didn't sign up for their monthly subscription, up till now. Searching and looking forward to their issues every month just excites me in peculiar ways I can't really comprehend.

Yes, I'm still a Freshlook Illuminate lens ambassador till further notice. It was slightly hard for me at first because they made me do a photo-shoot wearing a tube top! My partner's many definitions of slut is wearing tube top and honestly I was not comfortable with it at all. But, it was apart of their requirement. I do not have a choice. But it was something new and a challenging one.

Anything new?

I'm selected as one of the 100 most inspiring women by Cozycot which will be taking place in Orchard Central on the 12 March 2011, 1400hrs. Register here to be apart of this power of women event.

I'm selected to be apart of Story with CLEO, 'Pimp My Ride' segment. I get to power up my ride's sound system. Mad excited!

I will be heading down for an Eye for Beauty Makeover shoot on the 12 March 2011. I'm shortlisted together with Immelia. We are one step away to be featured in CLEO Magazine and a trip to Paris!

Be on the lookout for all these amazing updates! Last but not least, I have something really exciting happening this late April, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment