Saturday, March 5, 2011

Three Cheers!

While I was busy with examinations and all, I did make time for relaxation..
I celebrated my partner's 26th Birthday!
Before this we had our first Gold Class experience during one of our anniversaries, I reckon. It was in Great World City. This time round, I decided to bring him to VivoCity Gold Class. (This is his ninth birthday with me!)  I called up for Golden Village (GV) concierge service (my first time engaging this service) with GV Gold Class (SGD $28 per ticket). For the benefit of those who're interested, there's an additional service charge of SGD$10, SGD$25 charge if you wanna bring in a birthday cake and SGD$45 if you wanna arrange for a one-way transport service to the cinema. I drove my partner there so I'm his indirect chauffeur for that day. I ordered the Gold Class Set which was $33++ per pax. My set was slightly higher because I ordered a root beer float which was not included. The Appetizers and GV Platter are highly recommended dishes whereas the main dishes were rather disappointing but desserts and the hilarious movie (Just Go With It) totally made up for it. I strongly suggest you have your food inside the cinema rather than at the lounge area because its so much more private and cozy! I'm aware that SHAW launched Premiere theaters in NEX mall at a much more affordable price (SGD$18 per ticket) compared to Gold Class. They provide dining pre-screen too but I'm not too sure about concierge services. Their sofa seats are made of leather, so I'm visualizing a hell lot more comfort while watching a movie. I'm waiting for them to show a really good movie so that I can blog about my experiences there.
I got him a Plantronics BackBeat 903+ Wireless EarPhones. I bought the LAST one in Singapore, I kid you not. I went to 5 -6 Apple Stores and ION had the last set. After Singapore stopped selling Motorola S10, this Wireless EarPhones (below) is the best thing you can get for your man. Tried and tested. He hugged me till I was breathless!
Just before my examinations started, I went out for a virgin picnic in Botanic Gardens with Mann. I got to know her through Twitter and met her during the Samantha Thavasa Private launch in Singapore. Mann was so nice to jot down a list of things to buy/bring on that day for me and she even went to Daiso and bought mats for us to sit on. We didn't know that we're bot dragon babies and we instantly clicked when we meet. We're both born in the same month and are so down-to-earth!
I was supposed to make egg sandwiches but I ended up buying pizzas and Starbuck's croissant sandwiches for the both of us. Mann bought KOI, made some jelly and cut fruits. We did learn that we need a bigger mat and we totally forgot about nature beings! Half of the time I was like flickering ants charging at my legs and food. Despite all that, we manage to take a few pictures. Mann brought her Polaroid and all the pictures are so effortless. I love impromptu shots.
By this time, I've completed my papers and I was so happy that I could spend time with Norizan and Atiqah. We snacked on BEST FRIES FOREVER, went to snip Norizan's fringe, ate cheap and good food in Far East Plaza for dinner and felt 'gyaru' so we took neoprints together after a shitlong hiatus.
Few years ago, I remembered neoprints were between SGD$3-$9 and you can find the machines at any mediocre spots. But now, they only have it at Bugis and Cathay. (I'm not sure of other any other places, though.) The three of us took nearly an hour to doll up for the shot but when we start rolling the coins, things snapped up really fast. The most silliest part was clicked the screen like we know Japanese. I couldn't stop sighing and laughing to myself, after about more than an hour of neoprint decoration, the print was super tiny and our eyes look like black dots. Prices of neoprints shot up to a whopping SGD$12! We didn't wanna take another one but we learn one thing though; make use of the counter girl to set the size and shot types for us before taking the neoprint.

I nearly sign up for Japanese classes last semester. I might really consider taking up Japanese lessons. Its hard to have ギャル inspirations when I don't understand a word from them other than こんにちわ.

No comments:

Post a Comment