Thursday, March 31, 2011

A harsh wounding lesson.


If you've read my previous entries, here and here when I mentioned about my partner's bad fall, I actually cleansed his wound the exact same way it was taught! (above) What triggered me to blog about this was the fact that a radiologist indirectly said that I should not be doing what I'm doing (my real job) because I advise my partner to air dry his wound. I felt insulted. 

Firstly, the concept of air drying only applies on wound that has dried up and I know its my mistake that my partner's wound is moderately oozing and advising him to air dry to early is wrong. Secondly, his mother added so many different kinds of ingredients to his poor wound, hence it also contributes to the aggravation of the wound. Thirdly, his job scope does not allow him to get adequate rest and being a smoker his wound will take a longer time to heal. I still stand to my believe that cleaning an open wound with sterile water and cover it with gauze will aid in recovery. I admit my mistake to allow my partner to air dry because I couldn't be there 24-7 to his way of air-drying his wound.

I think its downright rude to say such things about me. I'm a student and I'm still learning. Her words made me feel horrible for days and I felt that I had to deeply apologize to my partner because he's having that impression that I could not take care of him and I'm treating him like somekinda experiment. How much does a radiologist know, really? You should take care of your own partner and not comment about  how I treat mine. This is why, I personally feel that treating my own love ones is so much more difficult because, no doubt treating other I yearn for perfection care but for someone so close to my heart, the perfection of care comes along with my emotions.

[Updated Entry on 29 April 2011] Right now, its been like ... Nearly two months and finally he can start running again. He's belly is getting bigger already, I must whack his butt and jumpstart his momentum to eradicate his growing belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment