Saturday, April 2, 2011

Faster

Photo Credit: Screen Head
Went to watch a movie yesterday with my partner. It was an impromptu 'date'. Dwayne Johnson played the lead role in this movie. I was awed by his good looks (not many people will agree with me on that) and his really tight body filled-with-muscles. Yes, I have a crush on him since I first saw him in WWF (World Wrestling Federation) shows. When I was a tomboy, I grew up watching him (back then, they call him, 'The Rock') fight, wearing only his boots and undies. Right now, he at a whole new level and still looking good.
Photo Credit: Zimbio
We had three movie to choose from. Sucker Punch, Sanctum and Faster. I watched all three trailers with my partner and we decided to watch Faster. I couldn't figure out what the movie was about after watching the trailer but when I saw Dwayne Johnson, I knew I just have to watch it. For the past few years, my impression of him was in between the lines of comical and being a family man. He was acting in movies like the Game Plan, Race to Witch Mountain and the Tooth Fairy. (the ones I remembered) When I saw the introduction of his character in Faster, I missed his 'bad boy' acting skills and his 'epic stare', (if you've seen him in WWF, you will know what I'm talking about) I like him even more in this movie. This movie is about revenge-seeking and hatred. Something that we can never run away from. One scene when one of the gang members who turned over a new leaf and became a pastor. He preached about hatred being a dark and unwinding road that no one should dive into and that we should find it in our hearts to forgive people no matter how brutal a mistake that was made by the other person. If I take it as an advice, I somewhat agree but I can totally relate to Dwayne Johnson's role, when all you can think about is losing someone you love and treasure so much. Your hatred just build up whenever you keep playing the nice guy and the ones who hurt you get away scott-free. But, I like one part when he was supposed to kill the pastor for what he had done and he didn't. It goes to show that sometimes, even the people with the most hatred, can forgive.. Such an inspirational movie!
Photo Credit: Collider
Dwayne Johnson definitely looked much older in this movie. Maybe because of the beard surrounding his mouth but he still looks good.. Faster is one movie that got me confuse in the beginning and in the middle. There were introductions, plot and storyline but the movie is like a jigsaw puzzle. I have to figure out who's the good guy and the bad. Which is something new because usually most movies are quite predictable after watching their trailers. There were a little bit of humor but I felt that the was abrupt. The story was slightly twisted and if you don't know how the police function, you might be slightly confused about the multiple roles, each actor is playing. But, I got the hang of it, in the end. The gun Dwayne Johnson used during his bounty hunting is like a mega blast. During the last few scenes when the shot the cop who shot him before, I felt as though he shot me. Dangerous.
Photo Credit: Impact Guns
For a movie that's fresh and, personally, an interesting watch for a midnight movie. I give it 4 popcorns.

No comments:

Post a Comment