Friday, June 17, 2011

ELLE Fashion Runway Show 2011

ELLE posted an invitation on facebook for their fashion runway show held in Pacific Plaza. I decided to RSVP for the show and invited Immelia to come along with me. I'm so thankful for her presence! We had dinner at PastaMania and got acquainted. I got to know more about her, likewise. I had a 4 inch wedge on and my ankle gave way. I nearly fell, it was so embarrassing! I guess I force myself to fit in shoes that was slightly too big for me just because it matches my dress. Who never falls in shoes with height before? I'm very sure you guys fell at least once in your lifetime or felt pain while you're walking long hours in it. So, I'm normal! Its okay to fall and feel embarrassed for awhile.. *winks*

Here's me and Immelia, waiting for the show to start! I've not been weighing myself for a few weeks now but by looking at this photo, I think I look super chubby. Not gonna deny, I ate till my heart's content this school holidays..
Photo Credit: Jeraldine

Thank god for genetically high cheek bones, straightened hair and braces saved me from this 'fat moment', for now. *roll eyes*

The host of the show was a radio DJ. She's sarcastically hilarious but I can take her jokes.
Here's a look at the fashion show. There were no chairs for us, so we stand throughout the show. Light refreshments and drinks were provided, though..
Since, I'm standing at the front, I manage to snap clear shots of the models!
They're all so slim, tall and beautiful. Anyway, I've been quite a handful of fashion shows and trust me models are just as human as we are. They do not have perfect legs and face!
My favorite collection from this fashion is AVANA Style. I receive a voucher from ELLE's goodie bag. I think I should check out their outfits. The store provides amazing outfits for any special occasion you're having! Oh, they've accessories as well .. How convenient! I remember going into Pacific Plaza when I had a trial yoga session there .. And that was like, 4-5 years ago? The only thing that I knew (from the outside) Pacfic Plaza have an ADIDAS store and That CD Shop. (Including True Yoga) I didn't know Pacific Plaza have got loads more hidden inside. I must walk around that whole mall one day! With so much advancement around Orchard, older malls were neglected..
ELLE was so nice to reward us with simple treats! They had a photo booth station and before Immelia and I parted, we took a single/duo photo for safe-keep. Good times!
Although, the outing was a short one, (Thank god it was, because I couldn't stand my shoes any longer!) I had a great time! Thanks to PastaMania for making me look slightly puffy in my photos on that day! *Joking* Really enjoyed Immelia's company. She's super nice and friendly. We're both Virgo babies, by the way. We clicked real fast! 
Till our next meet up, Immelia! My first ELLE fashion show and it was a good one:)

PS: I couldn't find ELLE Singapore's online site. Anyone knows? 
They only have facebook account and page.

No comments:

Post a Comment