Thursday, July 28, 2011

project runway season 9




Even if the original eight contestants pm Project Runway swimming are not only exclusively for the capital's most famous design, there is no doubt that Denver had a huge impact on display this past year as a World War, which ran second place and first in all hearts. So perhaps it is no coincidence that this first season the track grabbing another eccentric designer in Denver: Fallen Wells, who is best known as the mastermind behind forever Darling (West and 2010 Word Mastermind otherwise). Yet, as Wells himself to inform you, the track is not child's play, and he came in and received the value of their substantial experience.

It's been a long time to come, and season 9 of Project Runway has finally made its debut tonight. Already we got up with Wells to talk about the issue and how, if at first you do not succeed, try again.

Westword: So how land in the project runway?

Wells dropped: this was the second time auditions, really. I did it again this year, and it seemed to go pretty well, so I ended the show. But it was a long process, certainly.

What was the first hearing?

I tested last year in spring, and I just had a different collection at the moment. And then talk to Mondo in November, I asked because, I try again? Is it useful? And what he said was that he had tried a lot of times, too - it seems that many designers of the fair to try a couple of times before you get on, is on the amount you want. So I tried again this year with a different collection, and I think that was what they wanted.

Speaking of the World, has certainly made a big impact last season shows - What was it like to follow this? How, do you feel alive in the shadow of the World or something?

I think - I hate to say I am the shadow of Mondo. We are totally different design and totally different people. Both sought last year, and if I had done in his place, then it would pave the way for Mondo. It was just his time last year, I think, and this year is my time. But also, I think is really great because I have someone in Denver who can talk about this experience and I think that is quite rare. And I think all the press in Denver fashion is really great, and hopefully more designers on the runway in Denver project, and I really do not think they are being in my shadow. I think it's just a different trip.

As has wrapped shooting the series, and we know the winner, but no one will know until the end of the season, which is months. What it feels like to maintain this kind of secret?

In fact, I do not know the winner - I will not know until Fashion Week. To be honest, it's like when you see a really good film, and you talk to someone and you do not want to spoil the end. I think it was like, the most dramatic seasons in years, and why should I spoil that for everyone? I have a big mouth, and especially to be a hairdresser, can you imagine how many people ask me. But I do not want to spoil the results. It's just not as cool.

In fact, I thought: Now that you have made Project Runway, do you keep doing your hair, or are you really just want to make the design in the future?

You know, I like doing hair. I think it keeps me healthy. Many designers do not have much social interaction, as I do with my hair-do, and I think it's a good thing to have. So I think I'll move my business to a type of hair as part-time but still want to do. My goal with Project Runway is really I think it's good to have exposure to the fashion scene in Denver, and also to show that I do in September [Forever Darling], but still want to keep doing what I do.

So the last thing I wanted to ask is that you named as your track designer Jay McCarroll favorite before I was a little surprised. It was a conscious effort not to go with the obvious choice, or just do not like Jay?

Yes, it pissed a lot of people! I really like Jay. I like Mondo, but I would just like Jay has a sense of fashion. I thought his collection was the most stand-out for me during all seasons - but that's just my opinion. Fashion is so subjective and it is something you can not be too sensitive - especially on Project Runway. So it was not a personal attack on Mondo, Mondo and I am sure will see this season, and I will not be her favorite designer, either - I could not even be my family's favorite designer - but of course we are friends, otherwise it does not help me throw this party tonight for. But I do not think there should really be a problem. Just because it is in my city, what if it is a terrible designer? Do I still need him? It is not, of course, I like its design, but I just think to each his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment