Friday, April 15, 2011

SHAW Premiere in NEX Mall: Limitless

Photo Credit: Shaw Premiere
It was the last day of my school practicum attachment and I ended at 2100hrs. Before this, we did plan to catch a movie nearby (Bugis) but when I saw this ad by Shaw on Facebook, I thought, why not? I'm pretty sure my friends, Grace and Gao Tian, have not experienced watching movies with comfortable convertible seats and warm blankets! Immediately after our attachment, we showered and head on down to NEX mall, alighted at Serangoon station via the Circle line.
We didn't do any early reservations and I kept checking the availability seats via my iPhone. We didn't want to miss the movie and fret that there weren't any comfy seats available for the three of us.
Photo Credit: DownTurk
When I watched the trailer before watching 'Faster' with my partner, I had good views about the movie. But, after watching it, I find it draggy and ... yes ... predictable. A drug that makes your world go round.

From a nobody and curiosity into taking the drugs..
Photo Credit: Live Science
After the consumption of drugs, the intense inspiration to write (he's a writer) was insane..
Photo Credit: Techland
Just like that! He became a somebody! All thanks to the revolutionary drug called the, 'NZT'.
Photo Credit: PopTower
Logically thinking, it all sounds pretty crazy actually but I like the plot of the story, even though it was draggy. I was from attachment, which explains my constant yawning because I was lethargic. I give 'Limitless' 3 out of 5 popcorns! You need to concentrate on the story because there were a lot of flashbacks and I wonder ... NZT is addictive after you take one. But his girlfriend took to run away from a killer and she never got addicted. Hmmm... So which is which? After much thought, I conclude that NZT will only be addictive if you constantly want fast results but for short escapes, probably not. 

Interesting.

It was Grace and Gao Tian's (above) first time watching a movie in comfortable convertible seat. This is my first time watching in Shaw Premiere. I must say cost wise, cheaper than Golden Village. But distance wise, is so far away from home! After the movie, my partner picked me up. It was a well-deserved outing after all the hard work, I put into my attachment. I'm very happy with my results too!

No comments:

Post a Comment