Monday, June 7, 2010

A quick question about the female super hero

I'm working on a post for a blog I've been asked to contribute to over at Elder Signs Press that has to do with female super heroes and I could use a little help.

I don't want to tell you what my post is about because I'm sure the comments will have the potential to bias the direction I'm taking on this piece. So you'll just have to wait (hint-- that means I hope you'll read the post when I let you know it's up) and see where I take the information I'm hoping you'll provide here.

Who do you think of when I say "female super hero?" Do you think of Wonder Woman or Xena? Are you all about Buffy the Vampire Slayer or someone less well known like Emma Frost? And what characteristics come to mind when you think of your favorite heroine? Do you think about her powers? Her costume? Or perhaps her other, more exaggerated attributes?

No need to get into a super-detailed answer. I'm just trying to get an idea of who and what you think of when you hear "female" and "super hero" in the same sentence.

Any input would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment