Friday, July 22, 2011

Part Two: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I love to play dress up. I mean, who doesn't, right? I went to watch Harry Potter with my cousins awhile ago. I told my cousins that I will bring my witch hat! Some of them brought feather, robes, spectacles, wands, etc.. Very sporting bunch of cousins I have! My fiance didn't wanna walk with me when I had my witch hat on. He said it was so attention-seeking.. Naturally. *giggles*
 My cousins bought the Owl combos even though they preferred the magic wand ones when they're available during the screening of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1) sometime last year.. My sister brought her wand and my cousins who had owls wanted to do mutual exchange with her and she refused to give up her wand. Personally, I like the wand idea. Owls are boring. One of my cousin came up with this analogy. The wands had sound effects and sparkling lights so when people kept pressing them in the theaters during the show, people filed a complain and they discontinued it. Smart analogy, dear cousin but totally an invalid reason for me to accept. Wand combos were brilliant, as Harry Potter would've said.
'Nuff said about combos conflict. I forgot that it was a second part movie and I did not refresh my memory by watching part one again so I was lost when the movie started and I irritated my sister, who sat beside me, asking her questions about the movie. Sorry, sister! After I got the flow of the story, it became much more exciting and the ending? Hilarious balls. Harry Potter and his friends had to obviously wear make up to add years on their faces and dress up more to look older. The saddest part for me was when Harry's friends and families fought for him. LIfe sacrifices are the hardest choice anyone can make. Having to die for someone is something that no other life can replicate simply because, life in our body are unique and no two life are ever the same. I nearly cried when Weasley's elder twin brother and father passed away. So tragic. Even more tragic when I got home and found out, Amy Winehouse is dead. *side-track* I thought the battle was epic. The colors bursting out from Voldemort and Harry's wand are so beautiful. Anyway, I think Harry should die because if he's alive, doesn't that contradict what Dumbledore have been preaching and that part of Voldemort is embedded inside of Harry which explained the vast similarities between them? I must read J. K. Rowling's book. I wonder if the ending in this book is this "pleasant"... 

I give this movie, 3.5 out of 5 popcorns.

No comments:

Post a Comment