Friday, June 24, 2011

Kite Flying: Marina Barrage

We had problems flying the kite (below) and eventually bought a kite in Barrage Cove for SGD$15.80! Price is in total but items were sold separately.. Kite was on offer for SGD$9. I bought the cheapest kite string (40m) available and it was for $3.40. The kite salesman recommended me a higher range of kite string but hell ... It was selling at $13++. I'm not participating in a kite competition so I got the cheaper one. After that, I got a kite hooker; 3 hooks for SGD$3.40. This means I can get 2 more beautiful kites! 

I think I should keep this kite (I bought) with care so that whenever I wanna go kite flying, its there.. Before this, I kept buying kites whenever I went kite flying and threw it away after that..
Marina Barrage was packed with kids on holidays! Anyway, before all the buying and flying excitement.. I found this kite (above) in the comfort of my own home and decided to see it fly. The three of us took a few hours to make it fly but to no avail. My fiance and brother did not give up still and kept trying.. There were so many people looking at how silly the three of us were. While we're trying to fly the kite above, we had a mini-picnic! Singapura Specials and Meat Lovers from Canadian Pizza 2-for-1.
Finally, after buying this real cute kite with a lion on it (below), a SINGLE attempt and it flew freely up to the sky! We're all so bummed. I was cracking my head.. Why didn't my previous kite fly? I kinda realized that, maybe.. Just maybe.. The front ends of the kite did not meet and the kite had some weight on, so it didn't fly as free as the 'lion kite'. The three of us felt so silly!
We ditched the lousy kite and played with the one that we bought. It flew all the way up. My fiance said that when he was a kid. He learned to coat the kite with glass. He will pound the glass and soak it with a strong glue.. Using gloves, he coat the string with pounded glass and glue, let it dry.. When his kite flew and got tangled up with another, it will cut off the other person's kite and his kite still flew freely up in the sky. He's such a mischievous boy. I love him so much!
Look at our 'lion kite'! If only you guys were there.. Spectacular view!
We manage to catch part of the sunset too...
I truly enjoyed myself! I'm glad that I brought my brother along with me. This is just the start of our adventure my lil' bro, there's more to come! With us around.. We'll expose you to a whole new level of experience, locally and as the time goes by, globally!
PS: I didn't bring a camera along with me and all my photos were captured using my iPhone. Edited my photos using Adobe Photoshop Express and Instagram. Text image by Tweetgram.

No comments:

Post a Comment