Saturday, June 11, 2011

Epic Girl's Day Out: Picnic at the Botanic Gardens

It was one of the happiest days of my life and I'm damn sure there's more to come. I'm starting to feel that  my last year as a student will be my most exciting! I have this final year project going on and three of my group mates decided to have a slumber party. Unfortunately, there were last minute changes, because of me. (I shall not elaborate.) So Aini, Shida and Norma said, "Why not a theme picnic party at Botanic Gardens?" I got really excited! Norizan and I invited Atiqah to our picnic party as well. TGIF started real early for the three of us because Norizan's partner was (finally) called up by the army to serve the nation. Hehe.. I didn't have the time to apply make up. I'm wearing an eyeliner and I was relying on my shades the whole time because of the lack of sleep.
After all that, we started our day with a big breakfast and picnic shopping! We got wholemeal bread, Tuna (3 different flavors), cookies, packet drinks, plastic table cloth as mats, jelly and a whole lot more! I felt like as though I was living under one roof with these two. I love waking up early sometimes. It made the day even longer!
I was driving today and I cannot deny the fact that, driving takes you from one place to another faster without having to sweat like a pig. After breakfast, I drove to town. Norizan, Atiqah and I took a short nap in the car (with windows open, of course!), because we're so tired, while waiting for Aini, Shida and Norma to arrive. When they arrive, they gave a group hug. To be honest, I never felt so much love from quite a distant friendship. I wanted to cry. I gotta say, Aini, Shida and Norma were the only ones who's willing to make it happen. Others will just scrapped the whole entire idea and create their own plans. I love you three! Thank you so much. I'm so grateful! So anyways, we went passed by the icing room and Aini, Norma and Shida decided to decorate a cake.
All of us agreed that Norma and Norizan were the artistic ones, so we told them to decorate it.
The cake icing melted nevertheless the decoration was fantastic! I can never do anything like that! This was my first time eating a cake from the icing room and it was delicious!
Epic girls day out!
Before we arrived Botanic Gardens, we continued a little bit more of shopping, in town, for theme picnic party! We got cute lil' cupcakes table cloth as mats, beautiful paper plates and helium balloons! I love theme parties! This is my first ever theme picnic party with school friends. We bought strawberries, whipped cream, snacks, mineral water and pizzas! Norizan had to process an application. Atiqah accompanied her and while we're waiting, Aini, Shida, Norma and I were enjoying the air-con in the car and chit-chatting non-stop. It was funny 'cause we couldn't wait till we reached Botanic Gardens to bond. One thing I learned about the of them, they were like my invincible elder sisters. They look out for me in silent, regardless when I'm in school or out. Awwww.. I feel too much love on this day. I swear I was gonna tear anytime but I think I laughed too much instead. *giggles*
After all that, we're FINALLY here. We got a private spot just behind that the main building and it will be my future spot,if I ever had anymore picnic outings with my fiance or family! The lavatory was nearby and so was the car park. Super convenient!
Snapshots of what we bought for this picnic, although I've mentioned a few previously..
I grabbed some of the beautiful shots from my friend's instagram. Can you believe it, Shida doesn't have a facebook and she was the one who capture the most pictures! Shida better find a way to pass me all the photos so that I can share it with everyone here and on my facebook. I'm picky too. I will only post nice photos. Hehe.. Also, Aini's and Shida's iPhone 4 contained a lot of photo editing applications and no one could be bothered about my SONY digital camera! A fine example of my love/hate relationship with Apple products. Aini took videos of us 'shuffling' and I look like and idiot, I swear.
 
The two most hilarious activities we did was sucking with helium gas out of the balloons while talking funny and taking pictures of overflowing whipped cream on each other's mouth! They took a video of me saying, "Hasta la vista, baby" which means "Until we see again" or "See you later" in Spanish. If I can get the video from them, I'll share it with you guys. You'll laugh real hard..
 I nearly choked on the whipped cream it was too much to handle, thanks to Norma. But Atiqah got it worst! Whipped cream with strawberry in her mouth! That's an overload!
Have I ever wrote in any of my entries that I hated strawberries? I think I did. But, Aini brilliantly recommended that I should try eating it with whipped cream and it got me addicted! I'm so gonna include this dish in any one of my future parties/gathering, in the future. I love dipping anything with mayonnaise and cheese. I think dipping, fruits especially, with whipped cream will be my next (new) 'dipping' favorite!
I said in my previous entry that I wanna do an epic planking shot? I didn't know planking was super hard. I moved a lot and nearly fell. My friends couldn't bear seeing me plank alone... They all join in the fun too. I believe that I was the most hilarious 'planker' myself that day. I, myself, laughed till I peed in my pants, I'm not kidding!

Here's the shots of my friends, planking..



This is me! Very nice for a first-timer alright! Aini told me, she heard all about the planking craze from the good people in Aussie and that's how it was started. Thanks to Aini, I'm into this cynical trend too. This was the part that I nearly fell off because I laughed so hard till I kinda peed in my pants! Thinking about it, makes me smirk repeatedly like a crazy girl right now, as I'm typing...
I grabbed this photo from Aini while I was trying out planking, on the stairs. I tried real hard to prevent myself from slipping downwards, "Using my chin, Aini." Hehe.. But eventually slipped downwards.. My friends laughed and laughed. I think at this point in time, that was all they could do. *giggles*
There was one balloon for each girl so that they can talk funny after inhaling the helium gas from the balloon but we shared the balloons instead and had one left to make a wish before setting it flying up, freely...
Ani brought games such as Pictionary and Twister. It was so much fun! Shida! Photos... Hehe.
By this time, Shida and Atiqah gotta go and meet their partners and the rest of us waited for Huda to arrive! I wore my favorite long dress again! I have another long blue dress which I did not show in this blog of mine, I had that way before I bought this dress. This beautiful dress was from Miss Selfridge. I love all their long dress collections and I'm glad that I'm naturally tall enough to carry it out!
I was glad that Huda came even after long hours of drudgery. We played pictionary and "helium talk" with her! You know what I'm gonna typed next, right? .............. Haha! Yes, we laughed so hard all over again. Pictionary was kinda loud (more like I'm the screamy loud one) and competitve. Naturally.. Norizan's was my 'partner in crime' while we're playing the game and she cannot lose so it adds more pressure! Haha, no pun intended, my friend!

After all that, the remaining girls hold on the the one and only balloon left, made a wish and set it free. Funny thing was when Aini emphasize on 'A WISH' and in my heart I was like making many wishes! i kinda felt like the balloon had some weigh on it because of all the wishes I made. Regardless, I hope it all comes true!
There's Huda! Beside Aini. (from left) As you can tell that I was officially messed up. I forgot to part my hair appropriately for this photo and I looked like 'Alfalfa' from the little rascals movie! But what the heck, that's to show how much fun I've been having! *shuffling*
Thank you once again (from left) Aini, Shida and Norma! Let's hang out more often and we do not need to always see each other everyday just to show the love. FYI, I'm the baby among them and I'm so glad that I got the opportunity to work with these three brainiacs for my final year project! 

Till our next meet/outing, girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment