Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Just in Case Reading Comic Books and Dressing Up Like a Storm Trooper Wasn't Enough to Make You Happy...

I bring you the "Iron Man" athletic shoe...for adults.




I had no idea that comic-book character inspired footwear was such a big thing. The picture I have here is a custom line of "Iron Man" War Machine footwear that will cost you a cool $400 if you buy them off Ebay. The picture I have below is the more scaled-down version-- those will only run you about $250.




Because, you know, character footwear isn't just for kids anymore.

Somehow I totally missed this phenomenon. I regularly buy shoes for my son that feature "Spiderman" or the "Transformers," but did you know that people will pay big bucks to have their ordinary sneakers hand-painted to look like a souped-up version of the shoes I buy for my son at Target?

Neither did I?

Here are a few samples.






There's a whole world of athletic shoes out there I was completely unaware of! Nike also appears to be the brand that specifically caters to the buyers of these shoes with a whole line of comic-book shoes.



I had a whole post written in my head about modern society and our hesitancy to grow up.... But I couldn't stop trying to find more pictures of shoes.





Maybe I'll write that post tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment