Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Photo Post

I have been busy taking lots and lots (and lots) of photos, but I've been lax about posting them. Herewith, a brief selection of the 326 photos I've taken in the last 6 days:


Day 1: Tour St. Jacques


Day 2: The Moulin Rouge! It's real! But I'm told it's ~100€ just to get in the door, so I don't think any of us will be checking it out.


Day 2: Blue Man Group strikes Paris! Seriously, though, I have no idea what these things are doing there.


Day 2: Ahh, nothing beats the old world charm of a ginormous arch. (This is either Porte St. Denis or Porte St. Martin)


Day 2: I take a picture of myself taking a picture of myself, while the security mirror reflects the whole meta-scene. This was taken in the Passage du Grand Cerf arcade.


Day 2: This was painted on one of the columns in "104", a totally free art installation/exhibition hall in the 19th arr. He looks happy, doesn't he? Although I don't know what's going on with the thumb growing on his left foot...


Day 2: One of the exhibits in "104."


Day 3: The one, the only, the Arc de Triomphe.


Day 3: The Citroen store on Ave des Champs Elys
ées


Day 3: Some of the finely manicured trees at the Jardin du Palais Royal.


Day 3: More from the Jardin du Palais Royal.


Day 3: Bruce tries to push his column down to the level of those in the background. Matt and Katie look on, in amusement and bewilderment, respectively.


Day 3: The theater at the Academie Fratellini circus arts school. Well, actually this is the model, but you get the idea.


Day 4: Churches and flowers: they just go together.


Day 4: The Eiffel Tower in all its clich
ed grandness (complete with couples enjoying the romance)


Day 4: Mus
ée de l'Histoire de France, about 1/2km from my apartment.


Day 4: Apparently there are frequent free concerts in the courtyard at the aforementioned museum. Today was a saxaphone quartet and a violin/cello duet.


Day 4: A woman takes in the concert in the courtyard. I just liked the simplicity of the picture and the posture of the woman on the bench. A few moments before I took this the sun had been shining a bit brighter, making for better light and contrast. Oh well, maybe I can pump it up in photoshop :)


Day 6: Springtime in Paris, eh? It's raining and 50 degrees F.


Day 6: visited the Mus
ée du Quai Branly, designed by Jean Nouvel. It was.... interesting....

No comments:

Post a Comment