Friday, August 12, 2011

Rise of the Planet of the Apes


I was contemplating between Captain America and this movie. When I saw the tweet sent by Michelle Phan, I became immensely curious. So, yesterday when I was out with my fiance, we decided to watch it. I gotta agree with my fiance's friend, saying never to judge the movie poster. I'm sorry but the poster in Singapore didn't attract me one bit to check out the trailer on YouTube In my mind, I said to myself when I saw the preview of this movie in the cinema commercial breaks, "I'm never gonna watch this shit." I mean who would wanna sit for an hour plus with horrifying apes running around. I reckon I'll be frighten all time throughout the movie. After all that negative thoughts, and thanks to Michelle's tweets, I decided to give it a shot.

It blew my mind. The bond between man and an ape was exceptional. I watched this late night movie yesterday and I didn't fall asleep. Never knew that apes are so man-like ... That's scary. The most scariest part was when Caesar actually SPOKE. I was like, "Hell NO.." That startled me for a moment. I took quite some time to digest. I didn't predict that. Watching this movie kept me curious. I wanted to find out what happen next. Will they have part II to this sequel?

Yes, its a must watch! 4 out of 5 popcorns.

Apparently, when I was 13, I didn't see the Planet of the Apes movie... Or maybe, I wasn't expose to movie watching. I check out the trailer, It looks ol' skool but good. Shall go watch it with my fiance during our free time, one day. I realized that these two stories do not have a connection and there was one movie made in 1968 so this movie is a re-made of the previous. I saw an ape in the trailer that doesn't look as real. The recent movie made the ape look so real! We should never test any intelligent-related experiment on apes. The will outdo, outplay and totally outlast, humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment