Saturday, August 21, 2010

You ever have those days?

You know, the one where you find out your brother has Dengue Fever? Yeah.... I had that day today. My brother lives in Thailand so he's at much higher risk than we would be to a mosquito borne infections. Anyway, being the lucky guy he is, he picked a really bad form of the disease and has Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever. It has low fatality rate as long as patients are treaded in the hospital and my brother is currently being transferred to they best one they have that's nearest to him so he can be under constant care. It sounds as if the prognosis will be good.

But how often do you get a call that a loved one has Dengue Fever? Not often, that's for sure. I'm still trying to figure out if I should be worried or not. I guess I'll let you know when I figure out how panicked I should be.

If anyone has an info on the fever, please pass it on. Anything to make us feel like we know what we're dealing with would be great.

Sorry if this is a rambling kind of post. My mom called late and I'm kind of rheumy. So, apologies for all the typos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment